The Peck, Stow & Wilcox Company was out of Southington CT from 1870-1950 and they manufactured and sold bits, braces, chisels, dividers, draw knives, hammers, household tools, machinist tools, screwdrivers, tinsmith tools and wrenches.
They would mark their tools with various combinations and configurations of full name, “P.S. &W. CO.”, PEXTO, City/State, patent dates etc. Plantsville, CT and Cleveland OH were additional factory locations used in some marks.
Peck, Smith & Co, the S. Stow Mfg. CO and the Roy’s & Wilcox CO. were the three primary businesses that merged to form this major tool company. Others which were part of that merger or were acquired later were: A.W. Whitney & Sons; J.E. Hull & CO.; Woodruff & Wilcox; Hart, Bliven & Mead Mfg. CO. Cheshire Edge Tool CO. and Johns & Co.
The company was bought out by Billings & Spencer in 1950, but the name was still used for some time after that.